Another of my lamentations about life... Or rather about other people's lives..
I have a friend who ... it is hard to explain how but I just feel that there this person does not reveal all to you... esp feelings like disappointment, anger, sadness etc.. can only have fun, play, laugh... so superficial.. When something happens that is supposed to upset him he will say, "I am not upset, I don't really care..." And it happens very often...
I believe any non-christians will think that there is nothing wrong with thinking this way. But it makes me SUPER uncomfortable.. An example here... Mel cannot join us for movie and service yest and we all feel a little disappointed, a bit sad that she is not here and we misses her, right? Imagine if we all say, "Oh it is okay, we are not upset, we dun really care whether she is here or not.." Eeeks!
I believe the person i am lamenting about have hardened his heart. Taught himself not to care, and also taught himself not to love. As in the case of Cherlyn too... Becos if you dun care so much you won't be hurt as much mah..
But I really hope none of us will turn this way. It is exactly what Ps Khong is teaching us yest.. Becos I am committed to your success! Therefore I care about what happens to you! Let us love one another irregardless of whether the other person loves you back or appreciate you or not. Never harden your heart. Always care about one another. Be committed to one another's success!
What an emo post.. but must tell you all... I'm very sure you all dun have the same problem cos I feel the love!! =)))
Love all of you lots lots!
Shujun